Saturday, March 1, 2008

Personal Stuff and Prayer Requests

As Will said in the first post, we have lots of reasons for starting this site. One of the things we have talked about is finding a way to share some personal things with you. So, here goes:

KK spent the week in Boise with two of our grandkids. She got back last night and boy was I glad….for a week now I have been quoting Gen 2:18 to her: “it is not good for the man to be alone…” Josh and Erin are doing great and you can pray for them as they start a new church in Boise.

Tomorrow, after the morning services, I jump in the car and rush to catch a flight to Birmingham. I am scheduled to speak at the Shades Mountain BC as they close out their Global Impact Celebration. If you read this before Sunday night, I hope you will check out Matt. 9:38 and do what it says!

Monday and Tuesday, KK and I will be together in Atlanta. I will be in a couple of meetings there and she will spend some time with her parents. We will drive back late Tuesday.

I hate to end on a sad note but I need to give an update to a prayer request I shared a few weeks ago. A friend of ours was abducted on the way to work in Afghanistan. Cyd worked for a relief organization and was investing her life in the women of Afghanistan. This week the news is reporting that they have received reports of her death. We are grieving with her family and friends from all over the world.

If you would like to read more about Cyd, you can check it out at http://www.arldf.net/

AG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cyd. I know we have been praying for her and this loss is truly tragic. I am rejoicing for the ministry she had and the impact she was able to make in Afghanistan.

PS... Tell Shades Mountain that the Germany Team from Calvary says Hi!

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you joined the blog'n community. Thanks for letting mom come and see us in Boise.
Love yall